Monday, April 6, 2009

Dis n Dat

Well one of the baby raccoons didn't make it so we are down to three. We thought at one point we were going to lose them all but the three overcame the sickness. It was an odd sickness. They were fine one day and the next they weren't crying or anything. It was like they were hoarse and not able to cry. They barely ate and their eyes got really puss-filled. But they have finally overcame it and are back to squawking and grunting again.

The dog is doing alright. It's very difficult at times for her to hobble around. I do see her regaining her strength and putting more weight on her leg as we do our walks around the yard. I let her go at her own pace. On a good note she is doing really great on the potty training since I took over and begged Larry to have her back in the house. He has even been helping out with taking her potty as well.

Larry got sick last Thursday so I got to take Jess to the Skillet/Disciple/Decyfer Down concert. Honestly I haven't been to a concert in over 4 years (I think that's right). When Jess wants to go I normally send Larry and I take care of the house. It was definitely different. I had forgotten how much fun they were. We had a couple of older (than myself) women (probably in their 50s at least) who were with some boys sitting in front of us and they cracked me up I laughed out loud so many times. They were head banging, jumping, and at one point one of the ladies pretended to play a guitar and had her tongue sticking out. I thought it was GREAT!!! We stuck around afterward so Jess could get autographs. A late night but I wouldn't trade it for the world to get to spend time with her like that. Actually we are looking at going to Agapefest in IL at the beginning of next month. The two of us and maybe some of her friends in a hotel room going to concerts until the wee hours of the night. Sounds like a way to connect with my teenager.

We got our taxes done last month. We thought WOW that's a big chore off of our to-do list. BUT the next day the people who did our taxes and electronically filed them said that they were rejected because somebody had claimed OUR children on their taxes. HMMM I wonder who that could have been..... So we gathered all the paperwork stating that they were OUR children (including a note from their former case manager and our petitions of adoption) and are sending them via snail mail to the IRS and the state DEPT. of Revenue. (I didn't even know their addresses since we have ALWAYS electronically filed. That's pretty bad!) It's not going to be good for somebody who fraudulently claimed OUR children once the investigation is done.

Well since posting about something being in the water I have found out three or four more people I know are pregnant. CONGRATULATIONS to ALL of you!!!

Oh and I just want to PRAISE God for doing the miraculous last week! He answered a GIANORMOUS prayer request in a GIANORMOUS way to the point that Larry and I have cried more than once over since finding out the answer. THANKS BE TO GOD ALMIGHTY who was, who is, and is to come, who cleanses our sin and throws it into the sea of forgetfulness NEVER remembering it again!!!! (my eyes are tearing up just thinking of it)

No comments: