Wow it's been awhile since I have posted. Jess and I had a GREAT time at Agapefest. The speaker there was phenomenal. The following weekend we had the wonderful privilege of getting to spend time with my brother, his wife, and their four (soon to be 5 children). They came down to attend a wedding of our first cousin. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and my four older girls and I enjoyed the reception with dancing. Mother's Day was spent at Holiday World. It's so nice to have season passes to this place. I loved watching the kids' faces on the rides or when the got off of them. The kids are still doing school and for the most part are doing pretty well. On some of their days off from school we have taken the older kids to Holiday World. That has been our family's new fun time.
Larry finally has the majority of the garden area tilled. It finally dried up enough to get it out there. We finally got our yard cleaned up from the ice storm as well.
I have been attending a WONDERFUL Bible study that was started by a group of friends. Perri has been leading it and doing an EXCELLENT job. The study is entitled "FIRST PLACE 4 HEALTH". For only the 2nd time in my life have I decided that I want to lose weight and for the right reasons. So when I purchased a pair of walking shoes 2 weeks ago, I basically have taken off. Last week alone I walked 35 miles. My latest challenge is to not only lose weight but also complete a Half-Marathon in October. I can tell I have lost some weight (12 lbs. so far). I hope to get my body to being the temple that God wanted me to have in the first place. I also am trying to balance this new way of life with all my other responsibilities. It's slow going but I trust that the God of the universe, who knows exactly when it's day and night on this little planet called earth and has the number of my hairs numbered, will help me get it all adjusted.
He is FAITHFUL!!! I am choosing to be on a LIVE it not a DIE it!!!! Now I am going to do this for HIS glory. So I hope to be a thinner me by making better food choices but I pray more importantly that God is the only God on my heart's throne, not food, computer, TV, family, etc. He knows what's best for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment