Saturday, September 26, 2009

September busy-ness!

Wow another month has gone by! Time sure flies when I stay busy! This month's update has a lot entailed. September has brought about 5 birthdays, family vacation, Ladies Retreat, and maintaining school.

I can't believe I turned 37 this year. I feel so young and honored that though the number shows a year older, my activity level doesn't allow my body to feel any older than it is. I am still continuing my healthy lifestyle journey, working on balance has been a chore since adding school to the juggled mix of things going on in my life BUT I believe things are finally settling toward keeping up with it all including exercising. So far in school I am maintaining an honor roll status which I hope to continue to please God.

We had our family vacation the week of Labor Day. We went tent camping at Spring Mill State Park. It was WONDERFUL!!! The kids were so helpful and overall everybody got along. We went on a boat ride in a cave on Larry's 38th birthday and we sang "Happy Birthday" which is a memory he will never forget.

Nate 11 and Tim 12 combined their birthday this year with an overnight camp out with their friends. Larry had a great time telling them stories of when he was in the military. They roasted hot dogs and had s'mores. Needless to say, the boys' faces were beaming all evening and into the morning long. All of them were so filthy from playing football and flashlight tag. Thanks Larry for supervising! You did an outstanding job!

We spent the Sunday following their camp out celebrating Allen's 7th birthday. I knew I would be busy with school on Monday so I wanted to make sure we sang to he and the other two boys on Sunday.

The past 30 days has also produced for Larry and I another nephew and two nieces. It's a blessing to be an Aunt to these beautiful babies. I can't wait to meet my new nephew. I finally held one of my nieces this past weekend. Each of these babies' parents are beaming with new proud parent syndrome. It's nice to see their smiling though exhausted faces!!

I just got back from our annual Ladies Retreat this afternoon. It was the best one yet! Pastor Stacey is such an AWESOME speaker/worship leader! It was nice to gather with several ladies to seek after God in unity! This year God graced me with the privilege of speaking one of the devotions to the ladies. It was an honor to be His vessel to minister to these ladies. Two other ladies spoke and did a FANTASTIC job as well! Thanks Tina and Amy!! Kelly did a terrific job with games (thank you)! Overall, The ladies had a great time! I look forward to seeing the seed that was planted this weekend come to fruition!

Our God is a consuming FIRE!!

No comments: