Sunday, May 20, 2007

Positively Practical in Every Way........NOT

It seems I would be a practical person but really I am not. A practical person makes decision based on the here and now. A practical person makes sure that they are taken care of in every aspect. I do make practical decisions on occasion but most of the biggest decisions I have ever made DEFINITELY weren't. Some of the decisions I have made have had people look at me with total shock on their face and definitely not approval. Practicality is not how I live though.
I live by Faith.

I have faith to homeschool my children though others said they should be educated by the school system. My children aren't failing and they also get to learn about God. Also we haven't had a school shooting yet at my home.

I had faith to not dissolve a marriage though others said I should and some of those I cared most for totally walked away from me for a period of time. I am now MORE in LOVE with my husband today than I have EVER been. We have now been married 14 1/2 years.

I have faith to believe my youngest son is healed though he underwent 6 surgeries. One doctor said he and my daughter were only a 2% chance of being born. Then another doctor said if you let "nature take its course" he would have the maximum of 6 mos. to live. He is almost 5 now and my daughter 11.

I have faith to believe this house we live in is a gift from God and though it didn't look practical on paper to purchase we have always made our house payment and our "haven" is being used for HIS glory.

I have faith to KNOW that God has called me to be a foster parent and has worked through us to change some kids that have came through our home including the ones who presently live here.

I have faith to believe that our child care will not only change childrens' lives but also the lives of their parents. One set of parents started attending our church a couple of weeks ago.

I have faith to believe that God is calling us to adopt this sibling group of 5. Our interview is June 4 but I already feel so strongly it's a GO that I have been making mental preparations on how things will change around here.

I believe that when I pray a prayer it is heard and answered though it may not be exactly how I wanted it done.

I am SOO thankful for the people who have supported the faith choices. It is difficult when some of your family and friends are so practical they can't see past today. It sometimes is hurtful because you love them but feel you can never live up to their expectations. Though it's hard I will continue to walk ONLY in HIS will. Though practical people may not understand, I will still choose HIS way. My treasure is not in this earth but in heaven.

5 comments:

Perri said...

What a great post! Look at how many examples you can list right off the bat of when living in God's will, awesome things have happened for your family.

People could learn a lot from a woman like you.

Cathy said...

Heidi, you are so amazing! Everyone should have faith as deep as yours! God is truly rewarding you now for your faith and I cannot imagine what awaits you in heaven! You are awesome!

Tina said...

Preach it Sista!! :)
Living on faith is the hard way to go...but oh the rewards that await us!!
Love, Tina

Kate said...

Yes!!!

Melissa said...

May God's will always be done in your life. You are such a great role model for so many people.