Today my daughter Beth became a woman. This is something I have been concerned about for quite sometime considering she is a child with special needs and doesn't fully grasp things in life in comparison with child without special needs. Somehow momma instinct has been on red alert for the last few weeks for this "event" even yesterday while we were out I packed for a "just in case." Thankfully it happened at home and two of her sisters took notice rather quickly. When I went in to explain how things were she seemed to grasp that this is an okay thing. She was scared at first but I told her that all women go through this including her older sister and she relaxed. She even seems to understand the "instructions" on how to take care of herself which is a blessing though today I am supervising just to make sure.
God really blessed me with such an easy transition and since I didn't have a lot PreMSymtoms (THANKFULLY) and was always "punctual", I can only pray that her life will try to still be as normal as possible with "friends" showing up on occasion.
1 comment:
That event is hard enough for a "normal" teenage girl to adjust too. I am glad things are going so well for her.
Post a Comment