I hope each and every one of our readers had a BLESSED Christmas! Our family definitely feels blessed! I had a GREAT day watching my kiddos bond with one another. For Christmas this year we bought season passes to our local amusement park. As a family we only have to go twice for the tickets to pay for themselves. The kids already knew of this present because we actually had the older kids vote to choose whether or not that is what they wanted. So with that little idea about the presents being known, the pressure was off of our shoulders.
We also did a name exchange so the kids could pick out something for another family member. The shopping part of this was difficult. Some found out what others had gotten them while others didn't. Oh well hopefully next year we can start the shopping process a bit earlier with that and take one child at a time.
Little did the kids know that I had spent several days at an online Christian Bookstore purchasing games for the computer as another surprise. I know last years gifts were a hit (PS2 with DDR, Guitar Hero 1,2,3, and some Karoake games) but I honestly did NOT like the music that those games played. Then to hear one of the Littles singing those songs hours after the games were over just made me want to vomit. SO I did some investigating and found Christian versions of ALL 3 games and some expansion packs to boot. These were sent here in cardboard boxes so nobody knew we bought them.
I asked that the kids get to see the new games on Christmas Eve since our daycare was closed. Larry worked extremely hard to get the stuff installed. At one point we had to leave the kids and head to town to purchase a controller since our adapter wasn't working right. When we got to that store we found even more expansion packs. Larry said he loved the games SOO much that he bought the expansion packs we found there as well.
Once the kids received this gift the gaming was on. They have had such a great time playing these games over and over and I have had a great time listening to Christian lyrics being sung. We have now had several late nights playing these games. I believe we foresee ourselves getting rid of the DDR, Guitar Hero, and Karoake games in the near future. Our hearts desire is to teach our kids by words and action to dwell upon Philippians 4:8...Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
(Doh I never published this sorry it's late folks!)
No comments:
Post a Comment