Eleana turned 5 at the end of January. She is still tiny waisted but has gotten taller finally in a 4T for length anyway.
The new school curriculum is going GREAT. I should have switched years ago when I first thought about this curriculum. All of the kids are, for the most part, doing the best to their ability. I still have defiance but they hopefully will learn soon enough with the scripture writing and other disciplines.
February brought me two WONDERFUL weekends without kids. The first was for our anniversary. It's been a game in the past years that we try to out do one another for our anniversary. (We hadn't been on an overnight getaway without kids in 2 years). This was Larry's year. Larry surprised me with a night at a beautiful resort.
The architecture of this building is absolutely beautiful. It was built in the early 1900's. There is another resort that we were able to shuttle to and we just walked around both of them soaking in the whole era. Of course there was fine dining. Our room located on the inner circle facing the atrium with a balcony. There was a pianist on the lower level playing and it filled our room with beautiful music. He had special ordered a dozen roses, had a box of chocolates, a dozen double-dipped chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of champagne chilling. I was totally blown away with everything. I didn't know where we were going until our arrival. I only knew I had to dress up fancy (out of my comfort level) and that Larry had to wear a tie.
It actually felt really nice to be dressed up walking around holding my husband's arm. The most difficult time of our trip away was trying hard not to talk about the kids. We stayed our second night in our home without any kids. I FORCED myself not to do any chores and just focus on reconnecting with my husband. We realized how deeply we NEEDED that weekend.We greatly appreciate all of those wonderful people who watched our kids while we were gone. We pray they are truly blessed beyond measure.
The following weekend was a getaway for just me. It was a girl's weekend getaway. Ten women (some I knew some I didn't) got together and rented a cabin for two nights away from chores, kids, husbands, and as little responsibility as possible. I was invited along and was glad to get to go. We laughed until some literally peed their pants. We had played games, watched movies, ate lots of food and snacks. It also gave me some quality time to read which I love to do. I enjoyed meeting a lot of new people and it was a great way of rejuvenating me.
Camilia turned 9 this year at the end of February. Jessica made her a birthday cake and it turned out great. She decided she wants to go clothes shopping for her birthday. I hope to make some time to do so soon.
Eleana had her first overnight experience at a friends last night. It was cute that she called to wish me good night. She was so excited that she ran off without giving us hugs and kisses. I guess the phone call was suffice.
I guess that is a vague catchup as to what's been going on around here.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're back. I was thinking of emailing you to say "How about a post ALREADY???".
Glad you had fun on your off weekends.
Love, Tina
Post a Comment