Ever had that dream birthday present that you just didn't think would ever happen. Maybe it was out of your budget or you could afford it but wasn't in the right color. Maybe you decided that you should just quit dreaming for it to happen. Then BAM out of no where it appeared right before your eyes.
This year I have received the best present that I could have EVER gotten. This present has been taking shape right before my eyes over the past 4.5 to 5 years though I didn't pay attention to the formation of it fully until recently. It was like a 1,000 piece puzzle that at first the pieces all didn't fit right but after a while a vague picture of it could be seen. I dreamed it could truly be the picture it presented but also didn't want to put any pieces in the wrong places. So I decided to allow God to fix the broken pieces and shape the puzzle into ALL that He had intended it to be all along.
My husband and I have been married for 17.5 years and the first 11 were pretty rough. Oh there were plenty of good times but the hurt had overridden those. When I said okay God I am finished with this mess. I knew God's potential but He couldn't override a man's choice. So when I let go, God began to work both in Larry's life and mine. Trust had to be rebuilt, the pain had to be healed, and though I was pretty submissive during the turmoil I had to let go in every area as God directed me and be fully submissive to God and my husband.
(Wives if only you could fully understand the blessing there is to being a submissive wife. It's not the "get walked on thing" but a "You have the final authority because you will stand before God for our household!" It also shows a husband his value/worth in your eyes. He sees that "Hey she is counting on me to lead and I better make sure I am being obedient to the Father for our homestead.")
So as I submitted my life to God and learned to love my husband again (because there was no love between either of us). My husband had to surrender a lot to God and he began saying Not my will but YOURS be done. As he realized that God still desired to use him and had called him "for such a time as this," he answered the call with tears in his eyes with "Here I am Lord, Send me I'll Go"
So for my birthday I have the Man of God I have always desired pursuing God's call by being on the other side of the world in New Delhi, India. While some wouldn't think that isn't a great birthday present, I believe it's the best gift that God could have given to either of us.
3 comments:
/cries
Happy Birthday to my Bride!
May God continue to Bless your family as your family continues to seek His will!
Thank you Heidi for being an inspiration as I struggle through a healing process in my own marriage!
Post a Comment