Monday, October 15, 2007

A praise report in an odd sort of way....

Andy had labs drawn a few weeks ago. His creatinine levels were .5 higher than what it was the last time we had it checked. Normal range is between .2-.7 in his age range and his registered 1.2. The day I found out the results I was hysterical because we have been "under the spiritual guns" for the past 3 weeks and my emotions were already stressed. Since working with Andy on potty training he has been doing exceptionally well though his bladder is smaller than a child who developed normally. The last two weeks though I have noticed more frequent accidents and he kept holding himself in distress instead of going to the toilet.

After numerous accidents it really dawned on me that Andy may have a urinary tract infection (UTI). I called the doctor and he wanted a urine specimen from Andy before we started any medication. The doctor went ahead and called in a prescription so that we could start medication after the urine specimen was collected. So after almost an hour of sitting/standing in the lab bathroom Larry finally got Andy to pee in a cup. We started Andy's medication that evening. A few days later I received a phone call from a nurse stating that he didn't have one but since that he had already started the medication that he should finish it. That was a Friday. On Monday our physician's nurse called us and said they found some abnormalities in the urine culture so we were to treat it as an UTI.

I praise God that Andy does have an infection. I believe that this may be the reasoning of his creatinine levels being elevated. I am praying that once we get through this set of antibiotics that his creatinine level will go back to normal. God has done it in the past so who am I to doubt.

1 comment:

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

Andi and the rest of the family are in my prayers. Praise God that whatever is going he is going to take care of it all. Everything happens for a reason! I love you guys