It never ceases to amaze me that the God of the whole universe cares for tiniest inkling of a thing that I care about. Last night for instance....I went to open our food pantry door and it would barely open. I was like "what in the world." Then I heard the baby gates a bit as I pushed the door more. Well Larry was standing there and I said "looks like we can't get into our pantry." At that, the door (I guess I must have closed it) closed and the gates slid further down the door making it impossible to even begin opening the door. Larry says "what do you think we should do." My first thoughts were of how old the door is and I didn't want to have to axe it down. My second thought which I said verbally was to take the door knob off and put something it it to try pushing the gates. (These were of course without praying first). Larry did all he could possibly do (including taking off the door knob). He looks at me and asks "do you have any other suggestions?" I said give me a minute I'm praying on what to do. Well just by praying (AND GOD ANSWERING) and Larry trying the door again, Larry was able to wedge his arm behind the door and lift up the baby gates.
This morning I had to run out to our garage refrigerator to get milk and the chicken for today's lunch. When I went to put my coat on the zipper got snagged. Well I ran out with it only partially zipped and then came back in the house put the stuff down and tried to undo the zipper. It didn't work. Well then I prayed God please help me get this coat off. Without any problems I was able to zip the coat and then unzip.
He wants/begs/desires us so much to make Him such a priority. He so desires to be a part of EVERYTHING whether it be small or great. I so many times falter at this. I know he wants me to be totally dependent upon Him.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5
I pray that I can bear much fruit but FIRST I have got to become totally dependent upon Him and let His fruit of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience (UGH), kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control (UGH)). I want my light to shine before men that they may see His good works and glorify the Father in Heaven (especially my children who see the faults that I continually battle).
1 comment:
Matt 7:7-11
We just don't ask.
Post a Comment