Monday, November 26, 2007

Weekend Update

Last Sunday (18th) we started preparations for Thanksgiving week. I was excited because it looked like my cousin from TX was going to come up for a day or so for the holiday. My brother, his wife and family were also planning on coming too. My cousin called me Monday afternoon and I was excited because I thought it was going to be to make final preparations of coming up. The phone call was totally the opposite--very sombering. My Aunt Helen (his mom) passed away. She was special to my mom since she helped raise her (from 12 yrs old) after my grandmother passed away. My cousin ended up flying to PA the next morning instead. My brother came down with his family but graciously drove my mom out for the services. So the weekend was somewhat sombering. It was nice that my sis-in-law and neices and nephew were able to meet our new additions though. Also two of my Aunts (from bio dad's side of family) that we don't see very often came over to see ALL the kids. It was a nice visit. Saturday was spent at my in-laws house filled with lots of love (and people). My mom and brother made it in late Saturday evening and were able to join us at church Sunday morning for services before heading back home. Our Sunday evening was spent having family time which I enjoyed immensely.

1 comment:

Mark said...

God has a plan for everything. Although mom's passing leaves lots of questions of why, especially related to the timing, but God had a reason. I think He's trying to teach me to trust him. We'll see.