Monday, September 15, 2008

The Day After


Even here in the mid-west we too felt the effects of hurricane Ike. 80,000 people without power, 7 people killed in Indiana, and we praise God that our little farm only took small amounts of wind damage. Today was clean-up day here, I cancelled school today for the kids, fed them a good filling breakfast and off we went with rakes and chain saws in hand.





We did take a small break after lunch, but then back at it till the sun set. I must say, I dreaded the work this day had for us, but I come out singing praise. Our children worked so well, all day, they worked side by side without fighting. The end of the day we were all tired, hands full of blisters, bodies so sore all we want is to shower and lay down, yet attitudes were still in top notch shape. After everything this day had for us, I was so thrilled with how well they worked, I decided to reward them, MT Dews, (which personally was enough for them, but not me, they were that great they needed MORE) Chocolate ice cream, brownies, whip cream, nuts and chocolate peanut butter hard shell, YES THEY WERE THAT GREAT !!! Oh and to top it off, we got them a movie to watch tonight.



Note to my kiddoz: I am so proud of you, thank you for all your hard work today, and having perfect attitudes through it all. I love you all so very much, a daddy could not ask for a better bunch of kiddoz, again, Thank You !!!!

No comments: