Today has been a GLORIOUS birthday for me. Larry and I pretty much celebrated our birthdays together since they are only 8 days apart. First off it's a "holiday" so therefore we didn't work today. Then we had the privilege of having both sets of our parents over for a wonderful lunch meal. It's nice when in-laws get along so well. My parents and Larry's parents always seem to enjoy visiting. We had a pretty cool John Deere bday cake and "Take The Cake" ice cream. Our meal included porkchops, chicken breasts, hotdogs (for the littler kids), and BBQ chicken legs. We also had corn on the cob, mac'n'cheese, baked beans, and deviled eggs. This afternoon I will probably pick up a book that I have been reading ("The Pursuit of God") and possibly grab a nap as well.
I also did something totally unlike myself for our birthdays. It's partly his present partly mine. I'll let your minds wonder for a few days before I post pics.
No comments:
Post a Comment