Thursday, June 10, 2010

Being Mom Again....

This past year 8 months has been crazy with school, daycare, etc. that being a mom has been a very difficult task. In between all the studying for school, I was running the daycare, helping my children with theirs but otherwise it felt like a distant routine that happened. I tried to incorporate time with the children but life just got too carried away. I was determined to do well in school trying to be an example to my kids. During the past semester Larry was also working a contract job so on the days I was home from school he would be working. It was a very difficult few months but I am thankful that we went through them proving it could be done, praying that we would never have to go through that again.

Then vacation came...OH how we LOVED Bald Head Island and our time there. It was nice getting to spend time with each of my children watching them smile, laugh, etc. To just hold their hands and not have much responsibility but ensuring their safety and making sure they eat and wore sunscreen.

When Andy was hospitalized I kicked into mommy mode all the more. While it was just sitting in the hospital waiting for tests results, waiting for lab reports, waiting for doctors/nurses/social workers etc. to come and give us updates, I realize that I love being a mom so very much.

This past week I was able to do the girls' hair again (even fresh perms) and not feel pressed for time instead of asking Jasmine to do it. I helped cut some of our boys' hair as well. We went to Holiday World again and it was nice to just watch my children play, laugh, and have fun splashing in the water.

We just got back from Riley on Wednesday from another test. Andy didn't want to do the test at first because the asked him to put on a hospital gown and I could see he was uncertain of getting to go back home that day. I tried to ensure we would but was hesitant as well. I am thankful we are back to being a family without a lot of non important interruptions but allowing for important interruptions like doctor appointments to occur.

So today while filling out more paperwork related to our children, making doctors appointments for Andy and Tim, sitting down with school work in front of me to grade, I felt like I had finally made it back to being a mom again!

No comments: