I got up this morning with the anticipation that we were going to get the call today. Today we would find out if we were to remain a family of 6 (8 with the foster children) or become a family of 11. I knew Larry was going to get the phone call because he has called the case manager SOO many times with question after question concerning the kids. We even had a plan that he would get the call, he would call me (and BETTER NOT talk to any of his co-workers beforehand), then I would call Perri, then the rest of the family would find out. Well the phone rings and one of the kids answer and pass it off to me. The lady says her name and I am in shock that I am getting the phone call. She goes on to say that the committee has chosen us as the kids' forever family. We continue talking and I'm listening and communicating but thinking the whole time that I get to tell Larry and it cracks me up. We both knew he would get the call.
The case manager was planning on going to the kids' present house this week and show them our pictures and let them know we were chosen as their forever family. She will call me next Monday with "What happens Next?" plans including beginning visitations with the children etc.
I call Larry with the news and he just is crying. I have only heard his voice over the phone like this one other time and that was when we found out we were pregnant with our oldest. (He was at Military Academy and I wanted him to be the first to know.)
Our family and friends are both full of excitement and prayers for us. We will appreciate your prayers as we venture into the unknown.
For the Sake of the Call
Steven Curtis Chapman
Nobody stood and applauded them
So they knew from the start
This road would not lead to fame
All they really knew for sure was Jesus had called to them
He said "Come follow me" and they came
With reckless abandon they came
Empty nets lying there at the waters edge
Told a story that few could believe and none could explain
How some crazy fishermen agreed to go where Jesus lead
With no thought for what they would gain
For Jesus had called them by name and they answered
CHORUS
We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die
For the sake of the call
Drawn like the rivers are drawn to the sea
No turning back for the water cannot help but flow
Once we hear the Savior's call we'll follow wherever he leads
Because of the love He has shown
And because he has called us to go we will answer
We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die
BRIDGE
Not for the sake of a creed or a cause
Not for a dream or a promise
Simply because it is Jesus who calls
And if we believe we'll obey
CHORUS
6 comments:
That's a beautiful song and quite fitting for the day.
Praying for a smooth transition for everyone.
Perri
Heidi, My beautiful bride, I love you so very much, and am so blessed to have you at my side, hand in hand, on this adventure that God has laid out in front of us. Thank you for saying "I DO"
That is so AWESOME!! I'm so excited and I can't wait to meet the new members of the family!!! You are truely blessed as will these children be when they make your home their own. Congrats! Our prayers will be with you.
Love, Tina
CONGRATULATIONS!! Lots and Lots of prayers for you and your rapidly expanding family. Praying for a smooth transition. What blessings!
Congratulations again!
You are an amazing family!
I know those kids will be so blessed! Jamie and I are praying about foster parenting/adoption for older children. I pray that God's will be done. He definitely has worked in your life and I see how blessed you are.
Post a Comment