15 years ago I was working for an inner city camp as a counselor in the larger city next to us. It was a weekend so we were going over to hang out at a Christian Teen place nearby. Afterwards a friend of mine told me he was going to catch a ride back to camp with Larry. Now I knew of Larry because I had met his entire family on more than one occasion at least 4 years earlier. I had been to his house several times with mutual friends of ours but he was either at work or sleeping in a room with a death threat note on his door daring anybody to even attempt to try and wake him up after working long 3rd shift hours. So I had never met him face to face. I knew what he looked like because Mom and Dad always had pictures all over the halls. He brought our (again let me say mutual) friend back to the camp he introduced himself. I was like I know you and your entire family and rattled off all of 5 siblings (at the time). He was floored. Then he began a series of answering of prayers. (1) He asked me for my phone number. The next weekend I went home to see my family and (2) He called me on the phone and asked me out. (3) When he came to my house he brought me a rose. (4) Going out to the vehicle he held open every door I passed through. I knew after my first date he was going to be my husband. (Let me just say if you are specific in your prayers that I can assure you that God will make His path crystal clear.) We have been through/to hell and back but I can honestly say I wouldn't change it. It has just made us stronger people becoming daily more dependent upon our God.
Ironically 15 years later WHO KNEW (ONLY GOD HIMSELF) that we would be making a trip up north to pick up our 5 new children to become part of our forever family.
1 comment:
Awww, that's so sweet.
Post a Comment