I don't think we will ever be completely ready for our children to arrive. Larry has done a lot of painting and decorating the kids' rooms. Perri and I have been busy with building dressers and "a one night stand". Switching two kids' rooms around has not been too pleasant but it will all be worth it in the end. I so look forward to seeing the children's faces when they see their new rooms. We talked about it the entire week when they were down of how things would possibly be. I hope to post pics of the rooms once they are finalized. Larry has done a magnificent job with them.
I can't believe it's been two weeks since we have last seen our new additions. The case manager/present foster parent wanted us to pick the kids up this past Thursday and bring them back Sunday only to turn around and pick them up this coming Thursday for definite. While we miss the kids I saw it pointless to make the kids spend at least 21 hours (7 hours per trip) in the vehicle in a week's time. While they behaved on the trip up, I just didn't want them to get so stressed out with all the travel.
Mentally I don't think I will ever be fully prepared for this new endeavour. I am excited, nervous, anxious, and everything else that comes with expanding families. I know this won't be a cake walk but I know that God's hand is in this and I will be holding His hand so He will guide us through this transition.
Thank you for your continuing prayers for our family!!
1 comment:
Heidi,
I want to thank you so much, fo your comments on my blog. God uses the most amazing people/people you don't even know to get his will across.
I thank you for your advice.
and admit a littl secret...I have lurked for some time her at your place. I think you are a wonderful, careing person for all your family does. I wish we lived closer. you guys seem wonderful
again, thanks for being an encourager!
d
Post a Comment