Sunday, September 2, 2007
A great weekend to celebrate....
my birthday and Labor Day! Yesterday was my birthday and I was so blessed with very minimal issues between the kids. I was totally thrilled!! God's presents to me were being able to balance the checkbooks (that I hadn't done in a month) without any frustration and the LOVELY weather we had yesterday. I didn't think it could get better then I received my birthday presents from the kids (which I received this morning right before church)...silicone bakeware (something I have thought about getting for quite some time). Andy and Allen (both 4) then decided to do something very special today as well. I think the videos speak for themselves. This was done with no coaching by ANY of the other children. Basically they just hopped on and started going. Needless to say since I only had one bike without training wheels another bike is missing its training wheels this evening so they are out playing hard on their bikes. I am SOO very proud of both of them....especially Andy considering all of the challenges in his life he has already overcame. Larry was talking to Jasmine today about it being a month since they have been here. She was totally shocked at how fast the time has flown. We are too!! She said she is really happy. The "issues" we have are becoming minimal. It's still going to take time to find out if we are still in the "honeymoon" phase or the fact that they have accepted being here and are very content. I believe that when God's hand is in things that miracles are shown daily. Will post more about the weekend after tomorrow.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the videos are just showing blank for me. So glad I got to see it in person.
Now I can see them. How cool. Ryan was watching them and in his very droll voice he said, "Those kids are my friends."
Post a Comment