Thursday, November 15, 2007

Leaking facets

My 3 year old can melt your heart quite easily with her cuteness. Her attitude though is that of a pre-teen. I don't see how such a tiny thing can pack such a large attitude. She has this thing of exaggerating when/if she gets hurt just and it will go on and on until I look at her in the face and tell her to "Turn off the facet."

Last night my 7 yr old got hurt a bit and she was crying in the van while I ran in to get milk (don't worry I didn't leave her alone in the vehicle all of the kids including the oldest were in there with the doors locked). She had went to a whimper (the kids tell me) until she sees me coming out the door and began to start wailing so that I could hear her. The 3 yr old told her to "turn off the facet." When my oldest told me that I just laughed all the way home but got to thinking of how powerful words can be and how much my kids imitate me (the good and sometimes unfortunately the bad).

2 comments:

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

HAHA... I think that is hilarious. That sounds like something Shirley would have told me when I was whining all the time, cuz I whined a lot when I was little. ;) I don't think that comment was bad, but they do seem to imitate people and the things they do quite well! You are a great mom, keep up the good work!

Jodi said...

That is cute. Our kids imitate us too, good and bad.

Thanks for commenting on my blog btw.