Thursday, November 15, 2007

Today we CELEBRATE!!!!! November 15, 2002 -





It's hard to believe that my baby boy is 5 years old. He has been a miracle since before he was born. The geneticist said with his chromosomal disorder he was a 2% chance of live birth (and I have 2 children with it). The nephrologist said that we could let mother nature take its course but didn't give him anything greater than 6 mos. Father God trumps mother nature any day.

His story is really long and I hope to get it typed up soon but I will leave you with these scriptures first from Psalm 139 the whole chapter but particularly vs 13-14 (emphasis mine)(the literal translation for inmost means kidneys)

1 O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
19 If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
20 They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
21 Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise up against you?
22 I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

And from John 9

As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth.
Jhn 9:2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
Jhn 9:3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."

Finally I will leave you with a video of Andy's first year. We compiled this to celebrate his 1st year of life.

1 comment:

Christine, Jason and Baby said...

Praise God! Andi truly is a miracle. I remember all the prayers I sent when he was first brought into this world. He is an adorable little man. I can't believe how much all of your kids have grown over the past 5 years! :) Love ya!