Jasmine had to write this for school. It was to talk about things that were bad vs. good. This was handwritten but I typed it out the way it was written for legibility purposes. I didn't alter the story at all with the exception of removing our last name.
When I was 2 my daddy would hold me in his arms and say “I love u baby.” And I would kiss him and fall asleep in his arms. One day my mom just took me and left. I cried and cried. When I cried he didn’t come and pick me up and rock me back to sleep and he didn’t say “I love u baby.” And I couldn’t kiss him. 8 years later I called my grandma and asked her why they broke up. She said because he was doing durgs and she couldn’t take it and left. I thought wow she did all of that just to get addicted again because she married another man who smoked. Here is whats bad my parents weren’t even married. When they had me and they only had 1 child. They had 4 and all of them went into foster care plus me 2. I haven’t seen him for most of my life. Suddenly I didn’t want him to say I love u, and I didn’t want to kiss him because if he really love me he would have fought for me. If my mom and dad loved me, they would have fought to have me back, but they didn’t they just sat there. 3 years later here I am getting adopted, but I know good parents who would fight for all of us. My parents that adopted us. They take care of 9 kids and would protect all of us. Their names are Heidi and Larry. I know that they love me, and will be there to say that and I love them.
This was the first time she has really acknowledged that she loves us. Her actions show it but she has never verbally said it. It was nice because she actually read the story to us out loud. Tears filled my eyes as she was reading the part about us and then to end it that way I can't verbally express how it makes us feel.
3 comments:
That's what family is all about! THis made me cry.
Bawlin' like a baby now.
She's awesome.
So are you.
Love, Tina
awwww...sniff sniff
Post a Comment