Monday, February 4, 2008

Still learning the ropes....

One of my biggest fears prior to the children moving in with us was learning how to properly do the girls' hair. I have learned a lot that is for sure. Tonight we decided to conditioner hair and take out their present styles and make new. Jasmine asked for her hair to be straightened. I said not a problem (though I hadn't done it in awhile). So I plug both the curling iron and the flat iron in and go to work. I definitely can't say I am a professional but her hair did look nice (before bed).

One thing I now know I should never do though is work while I have a head cold that doesn't allow me to function to my fullest thinking ability. At one point I was finished using the curling iron and laid it on our table. No biggie right?!?! WRONG!!!! The table melted to the curling iron. Apparently I didn't put the stand up or it collapsed when I laid the curling iron down. Our tables are really durable, plastic, and collapsable (folding). Now one of the smaller tables have a hole in it. Keeping Jasmine happy was worth it to me. Guess who I get to explain this to in the morning.......Larry's gonna love this one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I love you so much !! Yesterday you were fighting that head cold, but yet, your family comes first. You know how important the girls hair is to them, so even though you were sick, you still knocked it out. I could not be mad at you, you did not mean to. I Love you so much, you are the most precious gift from God.