and BUSY at it. Life has been crazy since arriving home from PA/NJ. On my trip, I got to enjoy seeing a lot of my first cousins and seeing my Aunt and Uncle. I couldn't believe how refreshing it was to have that long of a break. I am SOO blessed to such a wonderful man that took care of the daycare and the Krew so I could see my extended family.
I have been working on and finished my CASA training and we both get to be sworn in on Friday. I am excited to help out children in need of services.
I recently schedule Dr./dental/vision/hearing appts. for my kids. July is looking pretty crazy I tell you but I am relieved to have them all scheduled.
We recently (on the 20th) celebrated our 1 year anniversary of meeting our children. We went out to Tastee Freeze again and had ice cream. We followed that with coming home and having a campfire and campout. The kids enjoyed the weiner roast and s'mores. Some have never been camping before last Friday. They really enjoyed having junk food since it really isn't a common staple in our home any more. We do have pictures taken just haven't had time to blog lately. We should get those up soon.
Today we had a news reporter in our home to do a story on becoming CASA for our county. The kids all came in and she asked them questions. The kids in return asked her questions. One that came from Nate was "Are you a Christian?" Her answer was "Yes". Then piped up Jasmine "That's good because if you weren't we would have to give you The Lecture." So we joked around about the "Jesus Lecture" a bit.
2 comments:
In our state you can't be a foster parent and a CASA. Is that the case there, or they let you be both? Also in this state you can not run an in home daycare & be a foster parent. When it came up in our fostering class, they said it was a conflect of interest. Whose interest, I don't know. It's very interesting how rules vary from state to state.
the video of your swearing in is up on the CP website...just thought you would like to know.
Post a Comment