We had the WONDERFUL opportunity to go visit my brother while on vacation this past week. We always enjoy going up there getting away from everything that goes on here. This was the first year that our adopted children got to go with us. We were nervous for the trip knowing sibling rivalry seems to be present most of the time. Also being in a vehicle for about 6 hrs can stress them as well. I was mainly concerned about the ride in the vehicle and asked a few special friends to pray for the ride up and back. The trip ended up being so wonderful.
We drove up REALLY early Thurs. and were able to have breakfast with my brother's wife and my nieces and nephew. They were so excited to see us as we were them. My sis-in-law took them to a park a little after breakfast while I fixed Jasmine's hair for her extra special trip into Chicago to see some of her biological family members that we have allowed to remain in contact with her. She said she hadn't seen her grandmother in 5 years. After lunch Larry took her to meet them. Jasmine seemed so happy to be able to spend that time with them. After supper we went to the (adopted) kids' first ever parade. It was so neat to watch their facial expressions. All the kids were up dancing when the marching bands came by strutting their stuff. They loved getting candy as well. Right after the twilight parade we rushed back to the house for a quick bathroom break and most of the kids were off to the fireworks. They had a BLAST. The shrapnel from the fireworks actually hit them in the head. Great Memories!!!
Friday was spent relaxing mainly for me. The boys went to Cabela's while the girls and Allen went to be in a little kiddie parade at the next town over that my bio children have been part of since we first started going up there. It's really cute how a lot of kids decorate their bikes, wagons, hair, etc. in a patriotic fashion. I stayed back at the house to just breathe. Sometimes peace and quiet brings such refreshment to my life. After everybody got back it was almost time for lunch. After we had the kids take a nap, my sis-in-law had her parents, grandpa, and some of her friends over. All the kids played really well together and we had such a nice meal and visit with them as well. Of course at night it was time to race off to the fireworks again. This time I went leaving Andy and Eleana with my sis-in-law.
The weather was perfect, the fireworks spectacular, and the ride home went extremely smooth. I couldn't have asked for a more peaceful weekend!!
When we got back I was able to wash all of our dirty laundry, had the kids take a bath, vacuumed and carpet cleaned the front room and play room. I am still sorting the laundry but wanted to take a few minutes today and give an update on how our vacation went.
Those of you who I asked to pray.......THANK YOU!!!!! and THANKS be to GOD for allowing this time to be restful and peaceful!!!
((We REALLY need to get a LOT of pictures posted. We have just been so busy))
3 comments:
So glad it went well. I asked Tim about how the drive went before we ever got out of your driveway today. He told me EVERYONE was great in the car.
Sounds like a wonderful time. Glad you got to go.
It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. =)
Check out my blog for a new baby update! It will be soon. I find out more tomorrow! Please pray that it happens this week. I need him out of my body. hehe
We loved being with you all too. It was a great time. Just leave the snakes at home next time:)
Taliaha
Post a Comment