(This picture is for you Grandma Barbara. Jasmine is sure to be embarrassed by it (and probably hit me too :) ) but I thought you should see how adorable she looked in these feety pjs.)Last Friday was a WONDERFUL day. We got to celebrate Jasmine's 11th birthday (our first) with her. We sent her off to school as normal but we had some small surprises up our sleeve. First off Larry went to the school to pick Jasmine up for a Daddy-Daughter lunch. She was totally surprised. They went to a local Mexican restaurant where Larry said she just was very talkative and seemed to really enjoy the time alone with him. He got her back to school for class. (She would have preferred to have just come home but why ruin a perfect attendance record).
She had invited some of her friends from school over to a sleepover. She asked that Larry make his homemade pizza crust and the girls could apply their own toppings. So after Larry got her back to school he went on a trip to the store to pick up the various toppings to fry up and enough cheese for them as well. I made up cupcakes.
Larry had already planned on taking the boys to the Monster Truck show so after the girls arrived and the dough for the crust was laid out, he and the boys left.
The girls seemed to enjoy making their own pizzas. They also watched Hairspray and were dancing around and giggling. I think every time I looked at Jasmine she had a smile on her face. She loved the gifts her friends had brought her. We put candles on 11 of the cupcakes and sang "Happy Birthday." Larry though left one more "HAHAHA I gotcha" mark on the party. He bought trick candles (the ones that after you blow out they relight). She had never seen them before and her friends were laughing hysterically. After a bit of blowing I decided to pull them off and run them under water. All in All I think she had a wonderful sleepover.
Jasmine, while I know sometimes it may not seem fair that you are here, I just want to let you know that I am VERY GRATEFUL that God has placed you in my life. We have spent only 6 months together but yet I feel it's been a lifetime (like it was always meant to be.) I look forward to watch you grow into a wonderful woman of GOD and pray that I can only continue to help nurture your spiritual being. I pray that God will fully heal you from all past hurts and use your testimony to help others who have been hurt. May God truly bless you and your future. I LOVE YOU.....Momma Heidi
No comments:
Post a Comment