So today I took the girls to the library (the boys didn't want to go). I got to sign up Jasmine and Camilia for their own library cards. We headed over to the pet store to buy crickets for the bearded dragons. We are casually heading home driving by the river (seeing how flooded it was), listening to some tunes when my phone rings. I couldn't find it right away but just expected it to be a return phone call to a lady I had just called. Nope it wasn't. I missed the call but it was Larry so I dialed it right back.
Larry had apparently been trying to get ahold of me because Andy had busted his head through the day care room window causing his head to bleed. Larry hadn't been able to get the bleeding to stop so he wanted me to hurry up and get home so he could take him to the ER. Of course at the moment he said "head bleeding" I put my foot on the gas pedal, the hazard lights on, and was flying to get home.
Larry left with Andy while I stayed home, called the doctor for authorization, and tried to keep my mind and self busy. Thankfully the older girls did lunch for daycare. The other kids seemed to work together and got along really well while I was a scatter-brain trying to clean up the broken window and cut a board to put over it.
Andy came home within the hour (amazingly fast for our ER again I am thankful for that). He has two staples on the top of his head. It makes me cringe to think of those staples going in his head. He is doing well. I am very happy that it all turned out fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment