
Like most boys, Tim and Nate enjoy building things. I had enrolled them in some of the Lowes Build & Grow Workshops. They loved the workshops, but now crave BIGGER projects. For Christmas we bought Nate and Tim each their own tool boxes with tools, this made them all the more excited about a project. Anytime I would be working on something, I would find them next to me, toolbox in hand ready to assist.
With this being the holiday weekend, and everyone getting together, I thought, this would be the perfect time for our fist project, a toddler picnic table. They both were just so hyped about this project. I found an AWESOME website with simple easy to read plans for building wood projects, you all should check out Buildeazy.com. I made a few changes to the plans, I mean after all, the plans were for a small 4 seater picnic table. The new table is a heavier duty table, seats 12 and even though it is built for and sized for toddlers, it can handle an adult without it bowing (I tested it). The boys worked hard on the table, I found myself laughing many times at just how excited they were, with every screw, bolt, and washer, they just ate it up. Power tools, hand tools, time with Daddy, what more could they want, ICE CREAM!!! They were working so hard, Heidi came out and rewarded them with some ice cream treats, which made it all the better.
When the project was complete, they just stood in amazement at how well it turned out. Tim said, Dad, I actually thought it would be a little cheesy, I never thought it would look this good. I must say they did GREAT, I am very proud of them both. At the end they were cleaning up, Nate came up and shook my hand, saying thank you sir, if you ever need us handy men again, just give us a call. They crack me up, they are just too funny at times.

Well the first project is down, and we are now planning our next project which we have decided to build some Bat Houses for around our little farm. Needless to say they are excited about both the project and the bats. Oh and yes, I had just as much fun working with them, as they did with me.
1 comment:
That is a fine looking table. Tell them good job!
Post a Comment