Allen is probably the most expressive child I have. He is so animated with his whole being. Sometimes it gets old but a lot of times he is just a hilarious character. He can't do anything without making some type of noise. If you Allen well then you can just imagine his facial expression and his overall physical expressions when I tell this story about his visit to the dentist office recently.
Larry took three of the boys to the dentist this week. Allen went in first. He gets his checkup and then gets his bag of new goodies (toothbrush, small toothpaste, dental floss, and a "cool" necklace out of the treasure chest). He comes out to the waiting area and sits two seats down from Larry. Well an elderly gentleman comes in the door signs in and then makes his way to a seat right next to Allen. Allen is still fidgeting with his goodies until he looks up next to him and notices the man. Allen jumps out of his seat and looks at the guy and says "Woah You're an Old Man!" (Larry instantly starts to want to crawl under his chair). The man says "why yes I am an old man." Then Allen asks the man Why are you here? The gentleman says "to get my teeth looked at" and Allen says "Old Men don't have teeth." Larry begins to sink a little lower in his chair. The man looked at Larry and says "I bet he is fun to have around the house." So Allen and the "old man" continue to antagonize one another until they part ways. The man has a great time giving as well as taking it. (Allen pretended to act like how old men would dance, the man says I bet I can beat you in a race around the building, back and forth cutting up.) Though I wasn't there I can bet that Allen's face was full of smiles and laughter and I could guess that man probably had a great afternoon telling his friends about the little boy at the dentist office.
2 comments:
I have no trouble at all imagining this happening. How funny.
He's so funny.
Post a Comment