Monday, January 12, 2009

Implementing Changes in our home....

In November of last year, Larry and I had been talking and praying on how to make a stronger bond with our family. So we made a decision to limit the computer time per day and not allow TV Sunday-Thursdays. This included our whole family not just the children. At first the kids weren't too keen on it when we told them about it at the beginning of December. We kept reminding them weekly what was going to take place so they could get used to the idea. So last week was our first week of these changes and I have seen such a WONDERFUL difference in our home. In fact I see the kids playing with one another more even when they do have computer time. Friday and Saturday was no exception. Sure they watched some TV but nothing like they had while on Christmas break and still they got up and went off to play and use their imaginations with one another.

Another thing we also did was purchase instruments for the kids to begin to learn to give them another alternative to TV and computer. Some have picked theirs up more than others but it's still another avenue that I don't view as a time waster compared to TV watching. I also like not having to hear I want this, I want that every time a commercial came on.

I explained to the children that we weren't trying to isolate them from the world but that we are setting them apart from it. I want ALL that God has for our family and oh so much more!!!

(Larry also wanted to implement the change of the girls wearing dresses/skirts only.... Of course it DIDN'T happen!!! It was more of a tool used to aggravate Jess and Jasmine and myself for over a month. I knew he was teasing but when he said it too much I told him we were going to have to go to Pastor to settle this one. LOL!! The other three girls would have been more than pleased to wear them. It's just not practical here and I just find them terribly uncomfortable){posted so I remember this in the future}

No comments: