Friday, January 16, 2009

From a grudge to thankfulness...

This past spring we got a brochure in the mail from our local natural gas company that said we could pay this certain fee and they would maintain our A/C and furnace for the year. We decided to do it thinking it would be worth it should something come up. Well when they did the check in the spring we didn't realize that we would have to pay for each furnace that we had (we have one upstairs and one in the basement). This was found out after the check had been done. So I somewhat grudgingly paid the doubled amount.

Today though I can honestly say that I am so thankful that I did. Our furnace stopped working this morning and it was blowing out cool air. With having so many little ones in our daycare this isn't a good thing (let alone our 9). The temperatures are very cold (can't say frigid considering I don't have the negative double digits like some people I have read on their blogs). So I call the local natural gas company and they said that labor and parts should be covered under the plan. So SUPER Hero Dave came out to save the day. He found the solution to our problem and I told him he should wear a Hero badge for the day, thanked him kindly and sent him on his way.

So though I wasn't too thrilled with the amount I paid in the spring it sure paid off today. Thank you God that you knew that in the end it would pay off!!

No comments: