Saturday, April 12, 2008

Check this out...

Larry Blogs:

As most of you know, I enjoy snakes, they are a hobby of mine. Last week you saw that I added a small 2.5 foot Red Tail Boa, this weekend, I have added two more Red Tail Boas to my collection a male and female breeding pair. These however are not babies, they several years old. The female RTB (Red Tail Boa) who I have named Charsi tops out at 7ft long, the male is in at 6ft long and has been named Deckard Cain. These boas are MASSIVE in size and so strong that at times it takes two people to man handle them. If you would like to know what it is like to hold one, pick up a child say 50lbs or so, and ask them to wiggle around and pull away from you, all during the same time you are trying to guide him/ her in a different direction. Charsi is about a month away from being able to breed again, last spring she did, it was her first clutch (set of babies like a litter of kittens) she popped out 46 baby red tails (live bearier, not eggs). Knowing how a few of my friends have taken an interest to my new hobby, I will be setting aside a few of the new ones for you, like Kasey and Tina, Jacob H, and my good friend Bob. I know my nephew up north will be very impressed, but to his mom, I say, this is not the kind I will be giving him, so don't worry. I am loving my new pets, and I am very content with my collection, at least my wife says I have to be, as per the agreement I can not buy anymore the rest of this year, and I am okay with that. They are AWESOME !!! So with that I leave you with these wonderful pictures.




2 comments:

Perri said...

Hmmmm, I know Jacob H's mother and I'm sure she will not allow a snake in the house.

Tina said...

What in the WORLD are you gonna do with 40 something baby snakes??? There is something seriously wrong with this... seriously. Have you ever thought of picking up a hobby like say...knife throwing? That would probably make me more comfortable.
Honestly though, I'm glad to see you've got something that you LOVE so much. Have fun! Tina