Saturday, April 19, 2008

Redneck Fun

Larry Blogs:

Tonight's evening plans were to grill out steaks, brawts, and burgers with some friends of ours. This night had been in the works for a few weeks, and we were really looking forward to it. After dinner we cleaned up the kitchen, the kids all off playing, the ladies playing a game at the table, and my friend and I are off to play with the big snakes in the living room. The plans then changed with a call from my dad, who is out mudding with my brothers and sisters, and a very special friend of the family (which we claim her as family), Dad was stuck in the middle of NOWHERE !! He needed me to come rescue him. I did not argue, after all, I owed him BIG time for pulling me out a few times. Grab the mud boots, shovels, tow cable, and jump in the 4x4 and away we go. Jessica even decided to go, it was her first time out mudding. Getting to him was interesting, Dad was guiding me in via cell phone, but yet I was not seeing him at all, he was really WAY OFF the beaten path. Finally, reaching the peak of the hill down in a valley he sits, with his team of muddy bandits. Now the sun was still up, but setting fast, we did not have much time. Dad was buried in slop, we dug out the tires, and made a few attempts, to ease him out. Easing him out was not working, upon locking my truck into low 4x4 I gave a good solid pop and he was finally free, 10 mins later, he was stuck again. The sun now down past the tree line, and the glow of day fading. I was able to pull him out a bit easier this time around, but the sun is now gone and we are still a long ways from the road. The mudding bandits, taking point and walking in front of my truck guiding us out, Thank you to my friend who was with me, he saved me a few times from dropping off into some nasty ruts. Jessica is having the time of her life though this adventure. Finally back on the hard road, everyone covered in mud, and stories to tell, we head back home. Dads jeeps is a bit roughed up, Dad says he will have it back road worthy come Monday morning, we will see, I don't doubt him, he is awesome like that. Thanks to my friend for giving up an evening of playing cards and ice cream cake to go out and rescue my family, oh and he took all the cool pictures. So if you are ever bored, and feeling a bit on the wild side, do what us rednecks do, Go Mudding !! I asked Jessica if she enjoyed her evening, she said she did, though she wished she had gotten a bit more dirtier than she had, but is very hopeful for the next time, and there will be a next time, its what us rednecks do for fun.

Enjoy the Pics !!!





Dads Jeep Buried:




Digging the jeep out




Really sunk in there deep




The Muddy Bandits !!




Dad and crew back at home safe and sound.


Who wants to go next time?

2 comments:

Perri said...

I'm so glad I read this before church. Now I can just smile and nod at him this morning.

Vanessa said...

He pulled us out of the mud once in that jeep!!lol